Friday 29 May 2009

End of Module Evaluation.

What did I learn from these briefs?

I learnt more about the area that I want to focus on in my third year, image, print based, creative advertising. I enjoyed exploring this, knowing that It was was my speciality was going to be. I enjoyed the Nude brief the most, as I felt it had alot of potential and I could push the boundaries of it, rather than just have one final poster design.
These briefs helped me to clarify what my design work was all about, and what I want to focus on, which has hopefully boosted my confidence.
I felt quite happy with all my final resolutions, but felt i could have developed the Capital one brief a bit more.
I did not know if i would be able to work on three briefs at a time! But i did, and i quite enjoyed being able to swap between them, so that I did not get bored of any of them.

What would i do different next time?

Not get ill! I would have liked to spend a bit longer on the nude brief, but being ill half way through the 5 weeks made this a bit difficult.
If I were to be set the briefs again, i don't think i would do much different, as I felt i managed my time quite well and completed all the projects to the shcedule that i set.

What skills did I use?

I was happy to be able use a bit of photography in my work (nude brief) as it is something i enjoy and am also wanting to improve, as I was not able to explore this in the image module which is what I wanted to do.
I tested my conceptual skills, I struggled a bit at first, but felt I ended up with strong concepts across all projects. I find that i get really stressed If i am not happy with a concept of a brief, as I still consider this to be the most important thing to create good design, and always try and stress that.
I also learnt to simplify! Which is something i wanted to do more after the collobrative brief, this shows in the Postcard design i think.

Do i feel ready to go into my third year?

I feel more confident to go into my third year now, and feel a bit more focused. So overall, I am happy with this module. I feel these final pieces help bring my portfolio together to show what I am really about. I am happy with all the briefs I have completed in the seond year, which is not what I can say about my first year!