Tuesday 30 September 2008

My Statement.

I originally had it has "contact" but after looking at definitions, i think "communicate" would be better. Contact refers more to the act of physically touching someone. Whereas, i am referring more to the contact through communication. 

Communicate - Join or connect. Transmit thoughts or feelings. The exchange of thoughts, messages, or information, as by speach, signals, writing or behaviour. 

Thinking about my image..

Need to pick something out of my sketch book that refers to this statement and that i can use for the colour4print brief. 

I originally used 6 postcards, as i felt this summed up communicate in the simplest way. 

I really need to do a bit more development here, looking into communication and finding an image that will allow me room to experiment. 

Have been doing some studying! Trying to get my head around all this theory. 

Colour management is a process that governs how colour is translated from one piece of equipment in the printing process to another. Gamuts are RGB and CMYK. When a colour is outside of the cmyk gamut it may not be printed as the exact colour you see on screen as it is a best guess replacement. 

Each device used in the graphic design and printing industries produce a certain array of colours called a colour space.