Friday 18 April 2008

Mail Shot








This is my final piece for the one week brief. I had the profession librarian. The concept behind this piece was originally for it to be in the style of a book. I took images of glasses on a chain close up relating to the idea of "page turners." A chain of events in a story, also because i see a stereotypical librarian to be wearing glasses on a chain. I chose to do close ups of the glasses as it is not obvious what it is at first, just like a story, it becomes clearer towards the end. I put dates onto the images to highlight the idea of a connected series of events.
On the front of the envelope i had a bar code with a red line. This is because when i think of a library one piece of imagery that comes to mind is when they scan the books. And I thought if this would be quite effective on an envelope. It may make the viewer think they are getting a product free because it has been given a bar code.