Wednesday 7 November 2007

Packaging Brief..

Should have started looking at this sooner, but have been doing my elective sketchbook!
How can i package racism? I have started to look at the two phrases that relate to my project...dont judge a book by its cover, or the phrase i used on my poster. Don't let skin colour mask identity. So far i have got the idea of packaging a gun, but on the outside of the cover there is really floral and happy designs, not relating to what you would expect to be on the package of a gun. I think this idea could work, but what colours and designs should i put on the package? I could always use the floral type design from my posters..design relating to masks..does this work?? Its hitting on the idea of prejudice..what you assume for something to be like..so the package will be in the shape of a gun..but the design should not relate to the idea of a gun at all..i think that is my idea sorted. But lets wait and see what happens in the crit!