Friday 19 October 2007

Book Binding!

Today we made a book! I didnt expect it to be such a professional looking hardback book. It was quite a tedious day though, our tutor made it look so easy but it was just so fiddly - i was not very good at it - managed to make quite a mess. The end product however is pretty good, a few glue spillages here and there, but i can cope with that. I seem to work alot slower than everyone else for some reason, i think this might be a confidence thing, i dont trust my own judgement! But found out the brief we were set from the day i was off ill - i need to buy the newspapers the daily mirror, the guardian and the daily mail on Monday 22nd. I then need to identify a story issue or theme that runs through all the papers. The final product is the three A3 sheets, one for each paper. I can use type or image...
I will have to get a copy of the brief..not sure if they want it to be hand rendered or what. But having my elective is well as this brief and the illustrator one! Its all pilling up! I shall have to get the illustrator brief out of the way this weekend.
x